CAFCO® SprayFilm® WB 5 Intumescent Fire Resistive Material (IFRM)
Isolatek International’s newest addition to the product line, CAFCO SprayFilm WB 5, is a technological breakthrough in water-based intumescent technology which opens the door to exposed interior structural steel design once considered unaffordable.
Breakthroughs in Thermal Performance make SprayFilm WB 5 the most technologically advanced, intumescent coating on the market. It achieves required fire resistive ratings using less material than other intumescent coatings—often times far less material depending on conditions.
SprayFilm WB 5 also enhances productivity on the job site. SprayFilm WB 5 allows for greater wet-film thickness through increased hangability, meaning it can be applied in fewer coats; it also allows for more coats per day, meaning the entire job can be finished in less time.
SprayFilm WB 5′s thickness advantages result in an aesthetically pleasing, durable surface. Its unprecedented Zero Volatile Organic Content (VOC) formulation provides significant environmental advantages and is a contributing factor towards achieving Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) credits. Our continued dedication to developing environmentally friendly products is further exemplified by the fact that since SprayFilm WB 5 requires less material, there is less waste, as well as less energy required to produce, ship and install it.
- Significantly reduced Dry Film Thicknesses (DFTs) provide the most cost effective IFRM protection in the industry.
- Has Zero VOC’s and requires less energy to produce, ship and install, which both contribute to LEED certification.
- Durable, smooth architectural finish combines aesthetics with long lasting performance.
- Low Odor and contains no solvents or harmful compounds.
- Environmentally friendly application and clean up.
- Can be finished with a wide variety of topcoat finishes and colors to blend with other design elements.
- Provides up to 3-hour fire resistance ratings in accordance with ANSI/ UL 263, ASTM E119 and CAN /ULC-S101.
Wherever an aesthetically pleasing extremely durable finish is desired on exposed steel beams, and columns utilized in a variety of interior open space locations including corporate headquarters, convention halls, atriums, retail facilities, hospitals, airports, rail and bus depots.
Fire Tests & Approvals
In order to meet the performance and durability criteria set forth by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and other major industry specifying organizations, CAFCO® SprayFilm® WB 5 has undergone the most rigorous testing in accordance with the world’s most demanding safety protocols.
- Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- UL Classification Mark
- Evaluation Service Report
- Major Specification and Approval Compliance
Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
This cellulosic fire test is traditionally used to evaluate materials for use in the protection of modern day commercial structures. This test reaches 1000°F (537°C) after 5 minutes and gradually reaches a temperature of 2000°F (1093°C) after a period of 4 hours.
CAFCO SprayFilm WB 5 is classified by Underwriters Laboratories for up to 3 hours protection on columns and 2 hours on beams in accordance with the cellulosic fire test and is listed within various UL Designs.
UL Classification Mark
The UL Classification Mark indicates compliance with global requirements as it relates to a specific risk or casualty. With the Classification service, UL determines that a manufacturer has demonstrated the ability to produce a product complying with UL’s requirements with respect to one or more of the following:
- Specific risk, e.g., casualty, fire, etc.
- Performance under specific conditions
- Compliance with regulatory codes
- Compliance with specific standards such as international standards
- Other condition, as determined by UL
All of the products carrying a UL Classification Mark are covered by UL’s Follow-Up Services program to verify that products carrying the UL Classification Mark continue to be manufactured in compliance with UL’s safety requirements.
Major Specification and Approval Compliance
CAFCO SprayFilm WB 5 complies with the requirements of the following specifications:
- MasterSpec®, Section 078123 APPLIED FIREPROOFING (AIA)
- MasterFormat® 2014, Section 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (CSC,CSI)
- Unified Facilities Guide Specification, UFGS 07 81 00 Spray-Applied Fireproofing (USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC, NASA)
- Master Construction Specifications, Number 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (VA)
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40 Protection of the Environment (EPA)
- PBS-P100, Facilities Standards for the Public Buildings Services (GSA)
|ASTM Physical Performance Standards||Test Performance* Intumescent Fire Resistive Materials (IFRM’s)|
|Physical Property||ASTM Standard||CAFCO® SprayFilm® WB 5|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||ASTM E84||Flame Spread – 5
Smoke Developed – 30
|Cohesion / Adhesion(Bond Strength)||ASTM D4541||340 psi (2013 kPa)|
|Durometer Hardness||ASTM D2240||69 Shore D|
|Impact Resistance||ASTM D2794||152 inch-lb (17.7 Nm)@ 2mm|
|Abrasion Resistance||ASTM D4060||0.2600 g/1000 cycles|
*Based on independent laboratory tests under controlled conditions.